My research interests lie in the fields of Data Mining (Text Mining, in particular), Natural Language Processing, and Social Network Analysis. I have combined my knowledge in these fields with my outside interests to form my current research topics, thanks to my wonderful adviser, mentors, and collaborators.
I am a member of the iPDA research group, supervised by Dr. Wang-Chien Lee.
I joined Trendalytics Innovation Labs Inc as a research intern in summer 2015. I worked at Visa Research as a Research Scientist intern in spring 2018.
- Yusan Lin, Peifeng Yin, Wang-Chien Lee, Modeling Dynamic Market Competition on Crowdfunding, IW3C2 The Web Conference (WWW 18), 2018 [paper]
- Yusan Lin, Peifeng Yin, Wang-Chien Lee, Modeling Menu Bundle Designs of Crowdfunding Projects, 26th ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 17), 2017 [paper]
- Yusan Lin, Tawei Wang, Dress Up Like a Stylist? Learning from A User-Generated Fashion Network, 20th ACM SIGKDD Workshop on Machine Learning Meets Fashion (KDD 17), 2017 [paper]
- Yusan Lin, Chung-Chou H. Chang and Wang-Chien Lee, Analysis of Rewards on Reward-Based Crowdfunding Platforms, IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining (ASONAM 16), 2016
- Jorge Alé Chilet, Cuicui Chen, Yusan Lin, Analyzing Social Media Marketing in the High-End
Fashion Industry Using Named Entity Recognition, IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining, Multidisciplinary Track (ASONAM 16), 2016 [paper]
- Yusan Lin, Heng Xu, Yilu Zhou, Wang-Chien Lee, Styles in the Fashion Social Network: An Analysis on Lookbook.nu, International Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling and Prediction Conference (SBP15), 2015 [paper]
- Yusan Lin, Yilu Zhou, Heng Xu, Text-Generated Fashion Influence Model: An Empirical Study on Style.com, Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2015 [paper] [slides] [ACM TechNews] [Penn State News]
- Yusan Lin, Yilu Zhou, Heng Xu, The Hidden Influence Network in the Fashion Industry, 24th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems, 2014 [paper]
- Keynote: Artificial Intelligence in Fashion, Fashion Technology Week New York, New York, September 2018
- Fashion Meets Data Science, Fashion Technology Week New York, at 5th Avenue Microsoft Flagship Store, New York, 2017
- Understanding the Importance of Rewards on Reward-Based Crowdfunding Platforms, Penn State University Graduate Exhibition, March, 2016
- Styles in the Fashion Social Network: An Analysis on Lookbook.nu, INFORMS 2014, November, 2014 [poster]
- Fashionology: A Textual Analysis Approach of Understanding Innovativeness and Influence of Fashion Trends, INFORMS 2014 Marketing Science Conference, June, 2014
- Fashionology: A Textual Analysis Approach of Understanding the Fashion Industry, Penn State University Graduate Exhibition, April, 2014 [poster]
- When Fashion Meets Markeing Science, INFORMS Marketing Science, Philadelphia, June 2018